Friday, September 29, 2017

FREE Blank Cornell Note-taking System Template Pathways (DPC Resource)


We learned about the benefits of using the Cornell Note-taking System this week.  It was created by Professor Walter Pauk from the Cornell University the original systems.  We were asked the question in class, "How did you like the Cornell Note-taking System?" I thought on it and my answer was No not really, I didn't like it because I have been used to 1. The Reduce section of taking notes and then going straight to 2. The Review section and having looked at the Cue side.  The original system had a different 2nd step than that of the Pathways model which is as follows ....

2.  Question As soon after class as possible, formulate questions based on the notes in the right-hand column. Writing questions helps to clarify meanings, reveal relationships, establish continuity, and strengthen memory. Also, the writing of questions sets up a perfect stage for exam- studying later.

I am not a stick the mud when it comes to new ideas and practices so I will continue using it this semester and maybe I'll try tweaking it a little to work in my favor because ultimately It's about having good quality note-taking practices except this semester is about the Cornell Notes so we cannot deviate yet! Feel free to use my document that I have uploaded and you can change the outlay according to your needs. PS: they are individual text boxes so all should be independently formatted boxes

Free Blank Cornell Note-taking System Template (DPC) Pathways


No comments: