Monday, March 27, 2017

Baby's Christening Gown - Family Heirloom

I wanted to take time to mention, this absolutely gorgeous Heirloom Crocheted Baby Christening/Blessing dress, that my Husbands Grandmothers sister Aunty Audrey handmade. 
This Vintage Silk trimmed Cotton Blessing Gown with
crochet lace Bib and matching slippers was super adorable and a privilege to have our child wear.
It was given to my Mother in law to give to all the Grandchildren when they were blessing there children. Its been almost 2years since Aunty Aud has passed and I wanted to take a little moment to remember her, and her amazing craftsmanship! 
Her attention to detail and her flawless execution of the garment left nothing to be desired. Everyone commented on How adorable our Little Aaria looked today on the first of many special days to come.. and then her sister Mahia Eva Jordan also got to wear it on her special day! 
Our other four children, when it was their blessing days, wore a Blessing dress that my Grandmother had given me when our first Childs' Blessing day came, and it was a beautiful silk gown.

No comments: