Thursday, December 4, 2008

OUR FIRST THANKSGIVING


Let me firstly just say a big Thank you to all of you who thought of us
and invited us to spend Thanks giving with you. we love and
fully appreciated the extended hand of friendship and family
to help make us feel at home and wanted, we are so grateful for you all
feel so blessed to call you friends and family.


We firstly spent lunchtime with the Tanner's
Family of our friends Britney, Joel and Chloe. We were so slack not to take photos there.
She gave us a beautiful Plaque that said "Give thanks" they were so hospitable and we enjoyed
being with them. We then went to the Jensen's home where their whole family were, We just loved being with them, the children are awesome just like their beautiful Mum and Dad and the Grand kids are so cute! The food all day was just amazing and I loved every bit of it. Turkey, Jello, Pie, Yams and OMG so much more I'm making myself hungry just recalling it here. ha ha
Well we talked we laughed we enjoyed the great company and the kids enjoyed it too. Kara and I decided to take on the boys in 21 down on the B ball court and well lets just say I had to sit it out after a few shots cause Tyla Jade needed me! lol


We then left and went to Candice and Steve's home where we spent a few hours getting well acquainted with the Wii and well we hit the sack at about 12:30 I need some sleep if I was to go with Candice Shopping.
Yes I was slack again with photo taking cause Cam misplaced the Camera when we got there.
So Candice was keen as and stayed up till 3am whilst I was knocked out on the couch.


So we went to Black Friday Sale at Walmart and people were pushing and shoving
and snatching and just plain greedy. Candice and I did alright though, but boy did I get woken up
after the first incident of Pushing I was like, back off!!!!! I was gonna knock anyone over who shoved or pushed me! lol
(I talk a big game)


Well after breakfast and lunch at Candice's we then drove to Morgan to Stay the night
with my Kapahaka group at a lodge its was so much fun to get away to the country out in the fresh air, with some of our people from my home Aotearoa. We sang we ate we watched movies and enjoyed the company. We even played Whanau Raruraru - Family Feud.
We headed home after breakfast the next morning. It was a Thanks giving to remember.

We have so much to be grateful for. I am grateful for my family, my beautiful children who fill my life with joy,and to have my
awesome husband whom I think I dont say I'm grateful enough for.
I am grateful to be here in this great country and to experience life here if only for a little while.
To have amazing friends who make life bearable and my days brighter and full of Joy. I am so blessed to have the Gospel and have a Heavenly father that Loves me!
So in one simple sentance, Its the been the best Thanks giving.

3 comments:

Kristal said...

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. The first picture with Tyla Jade is so cute. She is beautiful. I LOVE your blog music. If I had music on my blog it would be that! Great taste!

CamillaS said...

did you like eating turkey with jam? lol and the marshmallows kumaras!? i'm still getting use to the concept of kumaras and marshmallows. Heading home today. not looking forward to the 13 hour flight.
have a fab Christmas. xxx

Dawna Greer said...

Glad your stay in the good ole USA is going well (Black Friday at Walmart excepted! I learned to stay away from that nightmare) Your children are beautiful.